- » Cylinder Management
- » DryAsh™
- » Equipment Decontamination
- » Hazardous Waste
- » High-Hazard Chemicals
- » Hydro-Excavation
- » Incineration
- » Industrial Waste
- » Lab Chemical Services
- » Liquid Solidification
- » Low-Level Radioactive Waste
- » Reactive Chemicals
- » Remote Opening
- » Secure Brand Destruction
- » Solids Separation Waste
- » Specialized Packaging
- » Special Waste
- » Stabilization & Landfill
- » Transportation
- » Wet & Dry Vacuum Waste
Greenhouse Gas TrackerVeolia's proprietary tool to help manage your organization's carbon footprint
LTL Drum ExpressTransportation and disposal of less-than-truckload quantities of hazardous waste
Medical Waste DisposalCompliant medical waste treatment and disposal
Waste MinimizationExpert analysis to help minimize your waste generation and processing costs
- » Asbestos Abatement
- » Chemical Cleaning
- » Coker Jet Pump Replacement
- » Cold Cutting
- » CO2 Blasting
- » Chemical Degassing & Decontamination
- » Explosive Cleaning
- » Dredging
- » Hydro-Blasting & Ultra-High Pressure
- » Pre-Commissioning
- » Remediation
- » Solids Separation Cleaning
- » Surface Coating & Sandblasting
- » Tank Cleaning
- » Vacuum Truck Services
Audited FacilitiesStringent audit program focused on compliance for third-party disposal facilities
Capital ProjectsResources to help plan, schedule, manage and complete capital projects
INSITE™ Resource SolutionsOur team dedicated to providing comprehensive integrated waste solutions
Landfill ManagementExpert landfill services that exceed compliance and regulatory requirements
CIMS Online ServicesVeolia's system for hazardous waste customers
Onsite ServicesOnsite services to support all your integrated waste management needs
Program ManagementProven program to standardize EH&S processes
Training SeminarsBasic, advanced and refresher Hazmat training for your employees
Nuclear ServicesNuclear decontamination and asset recovery solutions
Solids Separation Services
Veolia has extensive experience in processing, separating and reducing all types of waste streams to help your company minimize waste volume, recover usable materials, reduce disposal costs and lower long-term liabilities. We can offer you the right solution for your project’s size and material processing requirements, and perform the work in accordance with the most stringent safety protocols.
Customized Solids Separation Solutions
Veolia approaches each project with a customized process and technical recommendations to address your specific sludge stream with maximum efficiency and cost-effectiveness. This includes an initial analysis of all relevant factors, such as sludge properties, chemical interactions, logistics, objectives and regulatory compliance.
We offer a broad range of solids separation services, including dredging and pumping, dewatering, and tank cleaning and processing. We can help your enterprise:
- Minimize hazardous and non-hazardous waste volumes
- Meet paint filter test disposal requirements
- Recover valuable products such as oil, water and metals
- Enable beneficial reuse and recycling
- Restore storage and settling capacity
- Maintain and restore efficient and effective operation of the wastewater plant
Innovative and Industry-Leading Solids Separation Technologies
We’ve found the key to success in solids separation is to evaluate all chemical and mechanical options based on cost-effectiveness and their compatibility with your goals. We use advanced technologies to create a process and equipment line-up that matches your requirements.
Choosing the right mechanical technology and combination of equipment is vital to solids separation success. Our experts will help you design the right process for your specific sludge stream situation.
Centrifuge: Veolia owns a fleet of skid-mounted centrifuges in a variety of sizes, “G-force ratings” and flow capacities, with a number of adjustments to maximize results for specific sludge streams.
- High centrifugal forces of up 2,500 rpm, or about 2.8 Gs, separates sludge streams.
- Advantages include light labor requirements and highly effective solids separation.
- This technology is best suited for oil-water-solid and latex sludge streams.
Belt press: Veolia owns a fleet of trailer- and skid-mounted belt press units in various sizes.
- Treated sludge is rolled and spread across a special belt that initially separates liquids, and then the material is squeezed in a series of belts and rollers for further separation.
- Advantages include light labor needs, high capacity and a durable, reliable operation.
- Belt presses are ideally suited for bio-solids and primary and secondary digested sludge.
Filter press: This technology is capable of dewatering a wide variety of sludge streams.
- This high-pressure technology uses a series of recessed chambers, plates and frame presses to get the driest filter cakes (solids) possible.
- Advantages include waste volume reduction, reduced costs (compared to other methods) and dependable and durable operation.
- This technology is best suited for metal hydroxide, metal oxide, carbon or coal, fly ash, lime and mill scale streams.
Woven fabric dewatering: This low-tech and basic method may be suitable for some applications.
- Tubes are filled to consolidate materials and refilled, with this cycle continuing until the capacity has been reached with consolidated solids.
- Advantages include very low costs (compared to other methods) and light labor needs.
- This technique is best suited for a variety of applications, such as sediment and lagoon sludge streams.
Sludge dredging and pumping: Manned and remotely-operated dredge platforms and a variety of submersible pumping equipment are available for dredging sludge from ponds and lagoons. A variety of booms and other equipment can help meet virtually any dredging need.
Tank cleaning: Our experienced crews and proprietary technology are capable of safely cleaning almost any type of tank to extract sludge material for separation or disposal. These include crude, fuel and slop oil, asphalt, wastewater, gasoline, sour water and benzene tanks.
Dryer technology: This equipment is used to remove additional water and organic constituents from centrifuge or filter press cakes to maximize the volume reduction of hazardous and other waste streams. The addition of a thermal dryer can reduce overall waste volume by up to 98%.
Full-service treatability lab: Our lab experts and resources can help evaluate the cost-effectiveness and likely results of using different types of separation technology. This includes the use of certain types of chemical and their effectiveness.
Long-term, onsite processing: We can help plan, design and build a long-term processing facility at your site in order to maximize the beneficial reuse of waste stream. Each process is designed specifically for your sludge stream and waste management or product recovery objectives.
Veolia Environmental Services maintains a proven record of compliance with health, safety, and environmental regulations. We can help:
- Ensure that the handling, transport, recycling, reuse and disposal of all waste products meets state and federal regulations
- Protect against liability
Veolia's solids separation services:
- Meet or exceed the standards set by the Federal Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA)
- Comply with NPDES/POTW Discharge Permits
- Comply with Site Air Permits
- Maintain excess umbrella coverage to protect against liability
- Offer technical expertise in hazardous waste, including compliance management solutions and training