Manage all your medical waste disposal and recycling needs with a partner that can ensure your staff’s safety and your company’s regulatory compliance. Medical waste treatment can take place at Veolia facilities, if the waste is both medical and RCRA, or at audited and approved third-party partner facilities. We also provide SHARPS+PAK® medical waste disposal services via U.S. mail, which is mainly designed for businesses with smaller waste quantities.
Medical Waste Services Customized for You
First, we conduct an initial medical waste review and breakdown analysis to help your company reduce waste and minimize your costs. Once your unique needs are determined, our partners train your staff on waste stream segregation, procedures and safety. Services offered include:
- Providing appropriate container sizes and shapes, including labels, packaging and signage, as well as determination of the optimum location
- Tracking on our proprietary computer system, from pick-up through final disposal with optional bar coding
- Online viewing and downloading of all shipping documents and manifestsA regular pick-up schedule, which can be revised as needed
- Compliance audits that can help you develop systems for your training records
SHARPS+PAK® Medical Waste Services
The SHARPS+PAK® program is designed specifically for businesses that would not normally accumulate large quantities of medical waste, such as home health care providers, alternate site medical facilities and dental offices. The SHARPS+PAK® program includes:
- Outbound shipping to the customer’s business
- A kit with step-by-step instructions, waste shipping containers (available in different sizes), pre-paid and pre-addressed return shipping labels and pre-paid disposal and tracking documents
- SHARPS+PAK® containers that are specially designed for: needles, syringes, scalpels, lancets, orthodontic wires, blood-tainted knife blades, contaminated broken glassware, glass slides, swabs, bandages and other biohazardous waste
Regulated Medical Waste
- Chemotherapy waste
- Radioactive biohazardous waste
- Pharmaceutical waste
- Sharps waste
- Chemical sharps waste
- Medical Waste Services
- Waste segregation containers, labeling
- Flexible pick-ups
- Online shipping documents, manifests
- Recommendations for waste minimization
- Protocols for regulatory compliance
- SHARPS+PAK® kit with containers, instruction and shipping labels
- Acceptance of SHARPS+PAK® kit containers
- Safe and compliant disposal of small amounts of medical waste
The majority of medical waste generated in the U.S. is regulated at the state and local level, as provided through the Medical Waste Management Act.
Environmental Health and Safety agencies in each state have requirements for medical waste segregation, labeling for waste containers, treatment and disposal, and specialized waste, such as chemotherapy, pharmaceutical, radioactive biohazardous and sharps.
Veolia and our partners understand and stay abreast of any changes in federal, state and local requirements to assure compliance at all regulatory levels.
SHARP+PAK® compliance considerations:
- SHARPS+PAK® containers and shipping boxes have been rigorously tested by an independent company, and approved by the U.S. Postal Service.
- Shipping is done through the U.S. Postal Service, the only common carrier allowed to transport sharps or medical waste.